Academic Computing Centers (ACC) offer students a convenient and quiet open lab environment to complete course assignments, review computer-based tutorials, access and send email, and class registration assistance. Our Centers have friendly and knowledgeable staff that will assist students with applying to GCC; class registration; helps students find usernames and passwords, and assistance with applications installed in the computer lab.
Printing is free, but students are prohibited from printing more than 25 pages sheets of paper per print job. The printer is set to do double-sided print which means if you have a 50 page document you may print your document within the limit. Single sided documents are still limited to 25 sheets of paper maximum! Power Point Slides six to a page or 3 to a page back to back.
- Students must Sign-In to use the ACC.
- Children are not allowed in the ACC.
- Food or drinks are not allowed in the ACC.
- Cell phones must be on silent, and student must leave room to use cell phone
- Academic work takes priority over using a computers for any form of non-academic purpose. Please yield the work-station to a student needing to do academic work.
- Students are not allowed to manipulate the Windows Desktop or configurations.
- Students cannot save files to the hard drive (C: or D:)
- You must provide your own (flash drive) USB drive for saving your documents.
- The ACC at the Locust Grove Area campus is located in room 204.
- The Fredericksburg Area campus is located in Science & Engineering Building & Information Commons.
- The ACC at the Daniel Center for Advanced Technology is located in room 206 .