Both the Fredericksburg campus and the Locust Grove campus have counselors who are designated as the central source of information on transfer. Plan to meet with them early on in your Germanna program to ensure that you can transfer painlessly to a four-year school. The Transfer Counselors can help you think about what you want from a four-year school, identify colleges that offer your intended major, plan your Germanna classes around four-year school requirements, and refer you to an admissions counselor at a four-year college who becomes your point of contact when you have questions.
A College Tour is scheduled annually in October. Over 50 four-year schools attend and give you an opportunity to meet with representatives. Workshops are also scheduled to help you learn what you need to know before you transfer.
Many four-year schools also come to Germanna to meet with you individually for transfer advising sessions or to staff information tables. Some even give you an admission decision on the spot.
- Complete an AA&S transfer degree (and in some cases an AAS), meet GPA and other requirements, and you are guaranteed admission to a four-year institution. Nearly 40 colleges are profiled in this link.
- Make the most of your Germanna coursework! Ensure that the courses you take will transfer to the four-year school of your choice.
- Eligible Germanna students may receive up to $2,000 annually upon transferring to a 4-year college.
- Your transfer planning should start when you begin your first semester at Germanna. Here's what to do to ensure a painless transfer.
- You have questions about transferring to a 4-year school. The Transfer Counselor has answers!
- Link to the majors/programs available at Virginia 4-year schools. A "Degree Inventory" lists the various colleges that offer the major(s) you are interested in.
- Click on the Transfer Made Easy tab and then select a 4-year school icon to see a summary of each college's Guaranteed Admissions Agreement.
- Research the transferability of your Germanna coursework to 4-year Virginia institutions.
- Search for and access information about HBCU’s throughout the United States.
- Let the Wizard - a new VCCS website - help you transfer to a four-year college and figure out how to pay for it.
- College Board's website. Search by location, college majors, cost, financial aid, etc.
Financial Aid and Scholarship Information
- These two websites are comprehensive sources for financial aid information, advice, tools, and local, national, and college - specific scholarships:
- Transfer electives in the AA&S degree programs must be chosen from these approved courses to satisfy graduation requirements in transfer degree programs.
Counseling Contact Information
Fredericksburg Area Campus
Ph: (540) 891-3020
Fax: (540) 891-3092
Locust Grove Campus
Ph: (540) 423-9123
Fax: (540) 423-9136