Ready, Set... Go Online!
The overall goal of the Germanna Community College QEP is to improve student learning in online courses by increasing student, faculty and institutional readiness for such a learning environment. Specifically, Germanna Community College will achieve the following goals and objectives:
- Increase student readiness for online learning.
- Formally assess student readiness for online learning.
- Utilize student development courses to prepare students for online learning.
- Provide remediation opportunity for students not ready for online learning.
- Increase faculty and course readiness for online learning.
- Provide quality and consistency in the structure of online course.
- Provide quality and consistency in teaching of online courses.
- Improve assessment of course/instructor effectiveness for online course.
- Increase institutional Readiness for Online Learning.
- Enhance student services for online students.
- Enhance learning resources for online students.
- Create more cohesion and collaboration between students and faculty in online courses.
- Make information about online learning and services readily available and accessible.
GCC QEP Start: Fall 2008
GCC QEP Completion: Fall 2013