1. Maximize your browser window when viewing class material.
It is easier to understand material when you can see the 'big picture'.
2. Monitor settings: Your monitor should be set to a resolution that is comfortable for you.
Steps to set the resolution of your monitor on a Windows PC:
3. Print and post your course schedule where you can refer back to it often.
Put it in the front of a notebook or on the refrigerator, anywhere you will have quick access to it. It will help you stay on task and up-to-date on your assignments.
4. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Your instructor will advise you when and how is best to contact him/her. If you are unsure about content or assignments, others may have the same question. In fact, it is helpful for everyone if you ask for assistance through email or the Discussion Board depending on your instructor's preference.
5. Complete the Are You Ready? Mini-Course
The Mini-Course is designed to help Distance Learning students ready themselves for taking online and hybrid courses at GCC. Click here to take the Mini-Course.