High school students interested in becoming technicians in the automotive field are encouraged to enroll. Currently enrolled high school students need to see their high school counselor for information before registering for the program.
High school students receive high school land College credits. Adult students receive College credit toward the applicable Career Studies Certificate.
Classes are held at the new Automotive Technology Center, 42 Blackjack Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22405. For directions or to speak with the instructor, Mr. Brent Wilson, please call: (540) 834-1978
Step-by-Step Procedures for Registering for the Auto Tech Program
- Submit an "Application for Admission" to Germanna Community College.
- Take Placement Test through Counseling office. Call for an appointment. Placement scores in English must be 61 or higher, Math must be 37 or higher. If scores are lower, developmental English and Math classes will be required.
- Attend "New Student Workshop" through Counseling office.
- Complete a registration form for the classes you will be attending.
- See current class schedule for classes, times, dates, registration information, etc.
- Register for class through Admission and Records office.
- For details about automotive classes, view course descriptions.
- Pay tuition through Cashier's office.
- Click here for current tuition rates.
- Purchase books from instructor on first day of class.