Important Notes and Answers to FAQ’s:
- Student ID’s are not required for any academic purpose (except Allied Health programs)
- ID’s are required in order to ride the FredBus for FREE!
- Students MUST attend ID sessions when offered in the beginning of the semester
- ID sessions are announced before the start of the semester and sent via student email
- If you already own an ID, only an updated semester sticker is required to keep it updated. Otherwise there will be a replacement charge. If you have your ID but it is simply very worn out, I can make a replacement for free if you present the original.
- Stickers are picked up at the same place as ID’s, locations listed below...
- Once an ID photo is taken, it typically takes 7-10 days to be printed and sent to respective Germanna locations.
- You may attend any photo session which fits your schedule
- If an alternate GCC campus/site is more convenient for pick up, please let me know when getting your picture taken.
- Another form of photo ID is REQUIRED to pick up your student ID for verification.
- Germanna ID’s are useful and encouraged at various departments within Germanna such as the Testing Center
- Your Student ID# is on the ID itself, if you ever need it as a reference
- Germanna Student ID’s can be used for student discounts at certain movie theaters, restaurants, sporting events, gyms, etc. I have no definitive list, though I do know that:
- Student ID’s are free, but a reprint for lost ID’s will require a $5 replacement fee.
Pick up Locations by Campus/Site:
SCC – Main Lobby front desk
DTC – Welcome Center, Room 119
FAC – Welcome Center, 2nd Floor Dickinson Building
LGC – Welcome Center, Room 107
Jennifer St. John
Student Activities Assistant