GCC requires many degree-seeking students to demonstrate proficiency in computer operations and software applications.
IC3 FAQ's Link to IC3 Handout
- The Computer Competency Test is available by appointment Monday – Friday at the Fredericksburg Area and Locust Grove campuses. Days will vary at the Daniel Technology Center.
- Appointments are handled by the Testing Center only and must be scheduled ahead of time; no walk-ins. All IC3 scheduling is done through email. We do not accommodate same day testing requests. Please allow 1-2 business days to receive a confirmation of your appointment time. If have not received an email from Testing Services confirming your appointment, then you will not be allowed to test.
- Email the campus you wish to test at to set up an appointment for the test. Put ATTN: IC3 and the campus name(FAC, LGC or DTC) in the subject line. Please note that test availability is limited at the Daniel Technology Center. DTCTesting@germanna.edu
- Please allow at least 1 hour to take the test.
- If you are unable to arrive at your appointment time, please call 540-891-3009 (Fredericksburg Area Campus), 540-423-9147 (Locust Grove Campus), or 540-937-2932 (Daniel Technology Center). You may have to leave a voicemail.
- If you arrive 15 minutes after your scheduled appointment, then you need to reschedule your test for another day.
- Student is required to bring valid identification that contains both a photograph and a signature. Germanna student ID will not be accepted.
- You are required to register for account at the Certiport website for Test Candidates Registration, prior to coming to the testing center. You must register in order to obtain a login, but you do not have to pay a fee.
- You will need to remember your Certiport username and password in order to take the test. The proctor CANNOT retrieve this information for you.
- Student can only take the test ONCE, so you are strongly encouraged to study for this test. You are not allowed to retake if you do not pass the exam on the first attempt. If you do not pass the exam, you will be required to take ITE 115.
- Student must receive a score of 700 or higher to pass the exam. Test administrators are not able to interpret section analysis percentages.
- Please note taking this exam does not replace a previous grade in an ITE 115 course. If you failed ITE 115, your transcript will still reflect the grade you earned. Please see your faculty advisor or a counselor if you have questions.
- Visit IC3 Certiprep to take a practice exam.
- Additional information on the IC3 GS3 (Windows 7/Office 2010) – Computing Fundamentals test can be found on the IC3 fast track FAQ website. Student handouts on the test can be found under Information Technology on Tutoring Services' webpage Helpful Handouts.
Refer to the Testing Services Home Page for important information you should know before coming to the Testing Services Center.
On rare occasions, power outages, server outages, or weather problems can and do close us without warning when we least expect it. We recommend that you plan to take your tests well in advance before you need them. Allow yourself sufficient time for testing and enough time for us to serve you.