Testing Center Room Information for Student
1. Students must have completed a Germanna Community College application for the credit program prior to taking placements tests.
2. Students must have their Student ID number and bring this number with them to the Testing Center. Students can use SIS to find their Student ID number.
3. Current Photo Identification Requirements: (Only current documents are accepted. We do not accept expired documentation.)
*Acceptable documents include:
- U.S. DMV issued photo IDs;
- U.S. Passports with photo and valid date;
- Foreign Passports with photo and a U.S. Visa
- Military ID with photo;
- Germanna Community College ID with photo and current semester sticker.
4. All students taking a Collaborative exam for a NOVA ELI course, must present a test pass printed from Blackboard.
Testing Center Room Restrictions
- Only testers are allowed in the testing room.
- Children are not permitted in the testing area; please make other arrangements before coming to test.
- All belongings must be placed in the area designated by the proctor.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the testing center.
- All outside garments (i.e. coats/jackets, hats, scarves) and weather apparel (sunglasses, gloves) must be removed and placed in the area designated by the proctor, however, provisions can be made for specific religious/cultural apparel.
- You may not have any electronic or recording devices at your desk, in your pockets, (or anywhere you can reach them during testing, even if they are turned off or you do not use them.
- It is strongly recommended that you lock all of your belongings in your vehicle prior to testing.
- You may not leave the room during your test session. [Proctor must be notified, or test will be closed.]
- Monitoring software will be used to view your desktop while you are taking a test.
- A snapshot can be taken of your monitor screen for incident reporting.
- On rare occasions, power outages, server outages, or weather problems can and do close us without warning when we least expect it. We recommend that you plan to take you tests well in advance before you need them.
ESL Placement tests must be started 2 hours prior to closing.
Virginia Placement tests for English and Math must be started 3 hours prior to closing.
All academic exams must be started at least 1 hour prior to closing.
We will make every attempt to have the test you need, when you need it.
Allow yourself sufficient time for testing and enough time for us to serve you well.