Nominations may come from the faculty member, their dean/supervisor, or other employees of the college or the VCCS.
The Faculty Scholarly and Creative Engagement Award of $1,000 is awarded to a member of the full-time teaching faculty who has achieved a significant academic scholarly accomplishment through research, publishing, and/or professional presentations, or who has achieved a significant creative works accomplishment, including:
- research in the teaching discipline, instructional pedagogy, or instructional technology
- publication in newspapers, magazines, scholarly journals, or other recognized media
- production or public exposition of creative works in visual arts, performing arts, musical arts, literary arts, or other fine arts
- presentation and/or major speech at professional organizations or events
- honors, awards, or recognition from professional organizations