Main Content

Academic Information - Academic Renewal

Catalog and Student Handbook

Currently enrolled students who return to the College after a separation of 5 years (60 months) or more may petition for academic renewal. The request must be made on the Academic Renewal Petition form and submitted to the Admissions and Records Office. If a student is determined to be eligible for academic renewal, “D” and “F” grades earned prior to reenrollment will remain on the permanent record, but will be deleted from the cumulative and curriculum GPA, subject to the following conditions:

  • Prior to petitioning for academic renewal, the student must demonstrate a renewed academic interest and effort by earning at least a 2.5 GPA in the first 12 semester hours completed after reenrollment.
  • All grades received at the College will be a part of the student’s official transcript.
  • Students will receive degree credit only for courses in which grades of “C” or better were earned prior to academic renewal, providing that such courses meet current curriculum requirements.
  • Total hours for graduation will be based on all course work taken at the College after readmission, as well as former course work for which a grade of “C” or better was earned, and credits transferred from other colleges or universities.
  • The academic renewal policy may be used only once and cannot be revoked once approved. Contact the Registrar for further information.