Catalog and Student Handbook
Student activity planning procedures and forms are available from the Student Activities Office. Groups wishing to host activities on-campus must submit a Room Request Form at least two weeks prior to the activity. Budget requests, if needed, must accompany this form. The Student Activities Office can help with the planning and publicizing of the activity. The use of College facilities is granted to recognized organizations with the understanding that reasonable conditions may be imposed to regulate time, the appropriateness of the space, and to insure proper maintenance and security. Germanna Community College maintains alcohol-free, smoke-free campuses.
Steps in Planning a Successful Event:
Before the Event:
- Brainstorm with the group about ideas for an event.
- Check with the Student Activities Staff about approval of the event, times and dates for the activity. Please try not to schedule your event at the same time as another event.
- Plan a budget (if necessary).
- Submit a Room Request Form and Budget Request (if necessary).
- Talk with Student Activities staff to decide how to purchase items that will be needed for the event.
During the Event:
- Make sure to have people schedule for setting up for the event.
- Take pictures for the scrapbook if possible.
- Have fun!
After the Event:
- Have people scheduled to help with clean-up.
- Evaluate your activity and make recommendations for future events.