GCC offers complete financial aid services/programs at both the Locust Grove Campus and the Fredericksburg Area Campus. Staff at both campuses are available to provide information and assistance with financial aid programs.
- The hours at the Locust Grove and Fredericksburg Area Campuses are Monday and Thursday, 8:30 am – 7 pm. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm.
- Information about the centers is available at www.germanna.edu/about-germanna/locations
- 24/7/365 assistance is available at mysupport.germanna.edu
- What is the Financial Aid Course Audit?
Apply now for 2016-2017 Financial Aid (this application is for the fall 2016 – summer 2017 semesters) and the priority deadline is May 1.
- The 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be available Oct. 1, 2016. This makes submitting the FAFSA much easier as students and families will be using tax information from prior-prior year taxes. For example, for the 2016-2017 FAFSA students and families used 2015 tax information (prior year). With the change to prior-prior year for 2017-2018, families will use the 2015 tax information instead of the 2016 tax information, allowing the FAFSA to be submitted much easier and earlier. More resources and information is available from the Federal Student Aid.
Financial Aid Links
Please see the links below for more important information!
In order for a Germanna Employee to discuss your financial aid information with any person other than YOU, we need your permission. Please visit the Welcome Center in person and discuss a FERPA Authorization Form.FERPA Brochure
Inmates at Federal or State penal institutions are not eligible for Federal, State, or Institutional financial aid at Germanna Community College.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
The Department of Education has a particularly strong interest in ensuring that institutions that are heavily reliant on Federal funding promote student academic and career opportunities.* Germanna Community College fully supports this initiative, and, beginning July 1st 2011, will be communicating this information to all of our students and families. *Federal Register / Vol. 76 , No. 113 / Monday, June 13, 2011 / Rules and Regulations