Eligibility & Criteria for Early College Admissions
- 1st Generation College Student or eligibility for free or reduced lunch or exemplifies financial need (Priority will be given to those who fit both 1st Generation and need criteria)
- On track to complete 10th grade
- High school GPA of 2.7 or higher
- On track to complete Algebra II by the end of 10th grade
- In good disciplinary standing
- Appears to have the maturity and work ethic to be successful
- Pursuing an Advanced Studies Diploma
- Recommendation letter/form from School Counselor or School Administrator
- Demonstrates college readiness as determined by placement scores on the VPT (Virginia Placement Test)*
- For a full listing of the program eligibility criteria please view the information sheet.
Please download and complete the following documents to complete the application package. Submit the completed application packages to either your school guidance counselor or email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early College Application Checklist
- Early College Application
- Early College Permission to Enroll Form
- Early College Eligibility Checklist (Completed by School Counselor)
*GPTA applicants will need to complete the Germanna Community College application to receive a student ID. The student ID will be required to take the Virginia Placement Test.