LPN to RN for Advanced Standing Quick Guide
Are you an LPN who wants to become an RN?
This program is available only to LPN’s currently licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia. This is a two semester track with extensive pre-requisite work required. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination leading to licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
What You Need Before You Apply
High School Courses
- High School Diploma or GED
- One unit each of High School Biology & Chemistry with labs and one unit of High School Algebra with minimum GPA of “C” average within the past five (5) years or demonstrate competency on Pre-admission Tests or successfully complete BIO 101, CHM 125 and MTE 1-4.
Pre-Admission Testing Requirements
- Computer competency test or within five (5) years prior to application, completion of a college computer literacy skills course.
- Placement tests for college-level reading, writing and math courses. Applicants with previous college courses may be exempt from the placement test requirement.
- As necessary Nursing Tests of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) within three (3) years of application.
Meet with Nursing Advisor
- Signed student/advisor worksheets on file in the Nursing Office prior to application.
- All applicants are required to obtain a Certified Criminal Background Check and Drug Test prior to application
View more detailed information about the LPN - RN Prerequisites
Application Deadlines: April 1 - November 1