Experiential Learning- For Employers
Today more than ever, it is important for students to gain professional level experience in a workplace setting prior to graduation. Germanna's Experiential Learning Program is a win win for both the employer and the student. Our goal is to partner with our region's businesses and community organizations to not only provide our students with extended classroom learning opportunities but also to provide our employers with a year round source of highly motivated pre-professionals who will bring fresh perspectives and flexibility to projects.
Post an Internship
How do Interns Benefit Employers?
- Provide managers with the freedom to focus on other projects.
- A cost effective way to recruit and evaluate potential new employees.
- Visibility of your organization is increased on campus and in the community.
- Quality candidates for project-based, temporary or seasonal positions and projects.
- Flexible, cost-effective workforce not requiring a long-term employer commitment.
- A contribution to society by supporting GCC's learning processes and by providing experience for our next generation of professionals.
Who are the Interns? Are internships academic credit bearing?
- Interns are typically sophomores at the end of their program of study.
- Interns must complete a minimum of 30 credits and be in good academic standing. Some exceptions may apply as to number of credits completed.
- Interns must complete 126 hours of work during a 12-16 week semester during the fall, spring or summer (10-12 hours per week).
- Interns will keep record of their hours and intern work/accomplishments through a reflection journal.
- Interns will be evaluated by the site supervisor and will also evaluate their intern experience.
- Interns will complete a final project presentation on the internship experience to include organizational culture, leadership examples and other applicable learning experiences.
- Interns can receive academic credit for their internship. Internships can be paid, unpaid or a stipend can be offered.