Experiential Learning- Benefits
An internship will:
- Build your professional network and add new knowledge, skills & abilities to your resume.
- Allow you to put theory into practice by adding more meaning to your academic study by giving you the chance to apply classroom knowledge to "real life" situations.
- Allow you to grow personally and professionally. You will enhance your interpersonal communication, critical thinking and information literacy skills.
- Allow you to better understand how you "fit" in an organization and help you to understand organizational culture, values and leadership styles.
- Introduce you to new environments, the challenges of a work setting and enable you to demonstrate your ability to be a team player.
- Increase your community involvement and help you develop an awareness of other's needs and a greater understanding of your role and potential contributions to your community.
- You can earn 3-5 academic credits for your internship by taking BUS 290 or IT 290-Coordinated Internship: Supervises on-the-job training in selected business, industrial or service firms coordinated by the college.