Academic advisors help students understand their options and set up an initial class schedule.
Academic advisors help students understand their options and set up an initial class schedule. Prior to meeting with an advisor, please:
- Complete the application for admissions
- Complete the New Student Orientation
- Bring a high school transcript (if graduated within five years) to any Germanna location to learn if placement test is necessary.
- No appointment is needed. Advising is provided on a walk-in basis. Please come early in the day.
- Hours for walk-in advising at the Fredericksburg Area Campus in Spotsylvania or the Locust Grove Campus are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with hours extended to 7 p.m on Monday and Thursday only. Check here for other sites.
Current & Returning Students
Current students needing scheduling help for the next term may:
- In the summer, come to the closest Germanna location and ask for advising assistance.
- Arrange time with faculty advisor from last semester for help with plan.
- Web registration is open for those who know what classes they need.
- Those unable to come to campus during service hours may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL NOTE: Those transferring to Germanna with credits from another college should bring a copy of all prior transcripts in order for the advisor to be able to help. Unofficial copies can be used for initial review, but official copies will be required for the record.