First character (location)
The first character in a course section will designate the location of the class:
- F = Fredericksburg Area Campus (SP)
- L = Locust Grove Campus (OR)
- C = Daniel Technology Center (CU)
- S = Stafford County Center (ST)
- Z = Classes held offsite or at area high schools to better describe the location.
- U = Dual Enrollment Courses (not viewable online)
- W = The course is taught entirely on-line (may require up to two proctored activities in a GCC testing center or by arrangement with the instructor.) Students must have internet access.
The second character will designate the type of delivery method if it is not 100% online or in-person.
- 0-9 = Incremental sections for 100% online or face-to-face classes
- Q = Learning community: part of a cluster of classes taken together to enhance student learning.
- X = Independent study: a course that is offered outside of the traditional constraints of a scheduled day, hour, and classroom.
- H = Hybrid: courses delivered through a combination of face-to-face instruction and the Internet. Time required in the classroom is reduced but not eliminated.
- M = Hybrid or video: combination of H and V.
- V = Telecourse (interactive video): course offered simultaneously at two or more locations via the interactive video system.
- S = Special: *Restricted Enrollment, Dual Enrollment., etc.
*Restricted enrollment = course is only for students admitted to a particular program or who meet other preexisting conditions.
Incremental number designating different sections within a course.
Should be added to the end of the section code i.e. – lecture “01” would be attached to lab “01L”.
- L = LAB– portion of course work conducted in laboratory setting 0-9 = incremental sections
TBA = To Be Announced
Always pay attention to notes listed under classes.