Spring classes start January 13

Transcript Request

How to request your transcript

Official transcript

  • Order transcript(s) electronically through Parchment 
  • Login or create a new account.
  • Once you are logged in, follow prompts to complete steps 2-6 to request your transcript(s).

Unofficial transcript

  • Log into myGCC
  • Click SIS
  • Click Academic Records
  • Click View Unofficial Transcript
  • Follow the instructions to view/print unofficial transcript

If you have not attended Germanna in the past 3 years and you have forgotten your Germanna student ID number, please include your social security number and date of birth when filling out the electronic transcript request. Order transcript(s) electronically through Parchment.

Frequently asked questions

  • Cost of transcripts

    Cost of transcripts

    Parchment transcripts cost $3.00 for e-transcripts and $5.50 for transcripts to be sent by USPS (United States Postal Service). Transcripts can be overnighted at an additional cost to the student.

  • Processing time

    Processing time

    Please allow three to five business days to process your transcript request.  If it has been over five business days, please contact admissions@germanna.edu to check on the status of your transcript.  We will contact you if additional information is needed to process your transcript.

  • Releasing transcript

    Releasing transcript

    If a student has a past due balance or has not completed exit counseling (for students who have loans), a hold will be placed on the student’s record that may prevent Germanna from releasing your transcript. Check myGCC Student Center for any holds.

  • Non-credit transcripts

    Non-credit transcripts

    Non-credit transcripts should be requested through your campus Workforce Development Office at (540) 891-3012.

  • Official transcripts

    Official transcripts

    Most colleges and organizations will not accept an opened paper copy of a transcript, and consider it to be unofficial. Therefore, students should not open the transcript before sending it out to a college or organization.

  • Transcript questions

    Transcript questions

    For questions regarding transcripts, email the Admissions and Records Office at admissions@germanna.edu

    For questions regarding graduation visit the graduation webpage.

Transcripts to be sent to UMW

If you have yet to be admitted to UMW, use this address:

University Of Mary Washington
Office of Admissions
1301 College Avenue
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401

If you are a current student at UMW, use this address:

University Of Mary Washington
Registrar’s Office
Student Services Center, Lee Hall
1301 College Avenue
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401