The Germanna Community College Dental Program is one of 5 dental hygiene, 2 dental assistant and 3 satellite programs in the VCCS. The Dental Programs of Germanna Community College provides quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunities for the residents of the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, Culpeper, King George, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania and Stafford.
Mission: The Dental Programs provide accessible, quality educational opportunities that meet our communities changing learning and healthcare needs. Technological advancements, scientific inquiry and increasing patient complexity all require the Germanna Dental Programs and faculty to maintain professional currency. The Germanna Dental Programs achieve this by utilizing trended data for learning outcomes and dental professional and educational best practices to guide program decisions. Our program utilizes recommendations from partners and initiatives.
About Germanna’s Dental Programs
Germanna Community College is pleased to offer three programs related to the dental profession. Germanna Community College offers:
- Certificate in Dental Assisting
- Dental Assisting II Career Studies Certificates
- Restorative Dental Functions
- Indirect Restorative Techniques **
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting **
- Associate of Applied Science in Dental Assisting **
- Partners with Northern Virginia Community College to offer an Associate’s of Applied Science Degree in Dental Hygiene
** Pending VCCS / SACS Approval Anticipated Summer/Fall 2018