GCC offers complete financial aid services/programs at both the Locust Grove Campus and the Fredericksburg Area Campus. Staff at both campuses are available to provide information and assistance with financial aid programs. ***All communication from us regarding financial aid will be sent to your student email account, firstname.lastname@example.org***
- The hours at the Locust Grove and Fredericksburg Area Campuses are Monday and Thursday, 8:30 am – 7 pm. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm.
- View Germanna Location Information
- Get 24/7/365 assistance
- What is the Financial Aid Course Audit?
It’s not too late to apply for spring 2017 financial aid! Submit the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid now for the fall 2016 – summer 2017 semesters.
- The 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available! For this aid year only, you will be using the same taxes as for the prior FAFSA year (if you submitted a FAFSA for 2016-2017). For example, for the 2016-2017 FAFSA students and families used 2015 tax information (prior year). With the change to prior-prior year for 2017-2018, families will use the 2015 tax information instead of the 2016 tax information, allowing the FAFSA to be submitted much easier and earlier. More resources and information are available from Federal Student Aid.
- The priory date for submitting the 2017-2018 FAFSA to Germanna is April 1.
Financial Aid Links
Please see the links below for more important information!
In order for a Germanna Employee to discuss your financial aid information with any person other than YOU, we need your permission. Please visit the Welcome Center in person and discuss a FERPA Authorization Form.FERPA Brochure
Inmates at Federal or State penal institutions are not eligible for Federal, State, or Institutional financial aid at Germanna Community College.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
The Department of Education has a particularly strong interest in ensuring that institutions that are heavily reliant on Federal funding promote student academic and career opportunities.* Germanna Community College fully supports this initiative, and, beginning July 1st 2011, will be communicating this information to all of our students and families. *Federal Register / Vol. 76 , No. 113 / Monday, June 13, 2011 / Rules and RegulationsGainful Employment Disclosure