1. Login to your myGCC (click myGCC icon) using the username you received when you filled out your application. Use the password you created.
2. If you have been in your myGCC and do not remember your password, click on forgot password. If you have not been in your myGCC before, you will need to have your password reset. If you are off-campus, please call 540-891-3077 to do so. If you are on campus, please visit the Welcome Center.
3. Select SIS: Student Information System
4. You should be brought to the Self Service menu, click Student Center
In the Student Center
Check the Message Center to see if there are any messages relating to the status of financial aid.
Check to see if you have any holds on your account, which may be preventing your progress.
If you have To Do List* items that have not been completed, your aid cannot be processed.
Take immediate action to complete the To Do List items by clicking on each item and following the instructions.
Use the Account Inquiry link to view how your financial aid will adjust to match your enrollment during registration periods. (Look for the yellow box.) The award posted in the View Financial Aid link is “anticipated” and based on full time enrollment during registration periods. This will be updated after enrollment verification is completed.
Use the drop down menu that says other financial… to check the status of any financial aid refund you may be expecting. One the refund posts, allow 10-14 Business Days for posting/mailing. Be sure your address is correct and sign up for TMS for quicker refunds.
To Do List* items are documents and forms that allow the financial aid department to confirm the information you provided on the FAFSA.
Typical items include but are not limited to:
- Proof of high school completion
- Verification worksheets
- Tax return transcripts
- Verification of benefits received
- Marital status information
- Verification of non-filing/non-earning
Items in bold are still required/active. Once an item has been received, it will no longer be bold.