The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia maintains a web site of state financial aid programs and scholarships
Local Scholarship Aid
Qualifications for each local scholarship are determined by the donating organization or business. Current GCC Foundation scholarship announcements and other scholarship announcements are available at the Online Automated Scholarship Information System (OASIS) website. Local scholarships will be listed here as available.
Virginia Credit Union Scholarship Program: Deadline – March 1, 2018
Virginia Space Grant Consortium:
Eligible applicants will demonstrate an interest in a STEM career that supports NASA’s mission (please see our website for details), have at least a 3.0 GPA, and have completed at least one semester of coursework prior to the award. Awardees must be enrolled full-time for the entire 2018-2019 academic year.
The Community College STEM Scholarship Program provides $2,000 scholarships to students enrolled at any campus at a Virginia Community College and pursuing a degree in STEM.
Applications are due March 12, 2018.
Additional opportunities are available at the OASIS website:
- Once you have opened up the link, please go the Opportunities Tab to the left hand side at the top of the page and scroll down and click to the External link.
- Scroll through the Opportunity names to find a particular one of interest, then click on the name.
- To go to a third party website, click on the Visit button for more information.
- These opportunities have various deadlines. Please refer back to this page for a continuous update throughout the year of forthcoming opportunities.
- Those applying for External Opportunities would not need log-in credentials.
Private Scholarship Search
There are many free scholarship search sites on the internet. The following links provide a sample of what is available on the internet.
Be cautious of scholarship scams and if an opportunity sounds too good to be true. The FTC has more information about scholarship scams.
Educational Foundation Scholarships
Germanna Educational Foundation Scholarships and the Germanna Guarantee Program Information is available on the Online Automated Scholarship Information System.
- Germanna Community College Application Procedures
- For assistance, please contact email@example.com
- Scholarship FAQs
Tax Credits for Higher Education Expenses
The IRS provides tax benefits for education. Information is provided at the Federal Student Aid website.