Germanna Scholars Program Requirements
The Germanna Scholars program is an academically challenging program. As such, if you are considering applying for the program there are some very important considerations you should take into account. Please take some time to read over and familiarize yourself with the Germanna Scholars Handbook. This program requires a tremendous amount of work, support, and commitment on the part of each student, their parents/guardians, Culpeper County Schools, and Germanna Community College to ensure student success.
- Must be rising juniors at Culpeper County High School or Eastern View High School;
- Be pursuing an Advanced Studies Diploma;
- Must have completed Algebra II or higher by the end of their sophomore year;
- Must be on track to have earned 5 verified credits by the end of sophomore year (transfer students will be evaluated independently by school counselor);
- Must be in good academic standing which is defined as a “B” average or better cumulative (Unweighted 2.7 GPA);
- Must have excellent school attendance;
- Meet or exceed the qualifying placement scores, on the Virginia Placement Test (VPT), or submit qualifying SAT/ACT scores for review, to your high school counselor.