Student Services Policy 80340
1.1 Effective Fall 2014, new Germanna Community College students are required to complete an Orientation session before registering for classes.
2.1 Orientation sessions are designed to introduce students to the College, provide essential information on programs and course selection, and present available support services necessary for student success. Students may complete Orientation in person or online.
2.2 Exceptions to the policy
- Dual Enrollment students are not required to complete Orientation until after they complete their secondary program.
- Students who intend to enroll for 15 credits or less are not required to complete Orientation.
- Students who have already completed an Associate Degree or Bachelor’s degree are not required to complete Orientation.
- Transfer students who can demonstrate that they transferred in academic good standing from their previous institution are not required to complete Orientation.
6. Point of contact
6.1 Students may contact Germanna’s Welcome Centers regarding exemptions to this policy.
7. Approval and revision dates
Curriculum Committee: n/a
College Council: November 22, 2013
President’s Council: December 16, 2013
College Board: January 16, 2014 first reading; March 20, 2014 approval