Student Services Policy 80350
1.1 Effective fall 2014, all curricular students, except those in a career studies certificate program, must take a student development course in their first semester of enrollment at Germanna Community College.
2.2 Exceptions to the policy
- Students enrolled in career studies certificate programs that do not require an SDV course.
- Non-curricular students – transient, non-degree, etc.
- Transfer students who have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours and who gain advanced standing through the SDV Assessment by Local Examination (ABLE) test.
- Students who already have an Associate Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Dual enrollment, joint enrollment, and homeschooled students who have not already completed the Student Development Skills requirement prior to completing secondary school. These students must take a student development course in their first post-secondary semester of enrollment.
6. Point of contact
Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Services
7. Approval and revisions dates
Curriculum Committee: December 7, 2012
College Council: November 22, 2013
President’s Council: December 16, 2013
College Board: January 1, 2014 first reading; March 20, 2014 approval