This Student Handbook is provided to you as a guide and to ensure that you understand your rights and responsibilities as a student enrolled at Germanna Community College. There is no mutuality between you and the College concerning it, and thus your reliance upon the information contained within it when making academic decisions does not constitute, and should not be construed as, a contract with the college. Furthermore, the College reserves the right to make changes to this handbook at any time, unilaterally and without notice; however, students will not be held responsible for any associated conduct expectations contained in such changes until notified of them.
The Student Handbook serves several purposes:
- To acquaint students with additional policies and procedures that governs student life at Germanna.
- To identify student services as well as the clubs and organizations and the policies and procedures associated with planning and participating in student government and student activities.
- To identify services and resources available in the community.
We are committed to the total development of our students. We welcome student suggestions and input. Students are invited to visit both campus locations.
Student Handbook Sections
- Academic Honesty
- Bulletin Boards
- Expressive Activity
- Counseling Center
- Safety, Security and Emergencies
- Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Standards Of Conduct
- Student Academic Grievance Procedure
- Non-Academic Complaint
- Student Activities
- Student Records & Transcripts
- Referral Services