What We Do
Germanna’s Coaches work one-on-one with students to reach their academic goals. Coaches help orient you to available student resources, build your self-advocacy skills, and offer any assistance that will help you succeed in college.
Student Success Coaches can help you:
- Set Your Academic Goals
- Manage Your Time and Achieve School-Work-Life Balance
- Improve Your Study Skills and Strategies
- Understand Your Financial Aid
- Prepare to Meet with Your Faculty Advisor
- Develop Personalized Action Plans to Overcome Obstacles to Success
Good times to meet with your Coach include:
- First week of the semester: review your course load and plan strategies to manage your work.
- Mid-semester: evaluate your progress in your courses and start thinking about next semester’s courses.
- End of the semester: sharpen your focus on your remaining work and finish the semester strong.
- Anytime the need arises!
Meet with your Coach on a walk-in basis, set an appointment at a time that works best for you, or meet by phone or email. We look forward to working with you!
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is required for all new Germanna Community College students. Orientation provides new students with the essential information needed to get started and be a successful student. Students are able to choose to either attend an in-person Orientation or complete an online Orientation module.
In-person Orientations are offered at the Fredericksburg Area Campus, the Locust Grove Campus, and the Daniel Technology Center on a recurring schedule throughout the semester.Participate in an Orientation
The Great Expectations program at Germanna Community College helps current and former foster youth transition into college. Great Expectations provides participants with support and information on applying to Germanna, being a successful student, and planning for life after college. Great Expectations students receive one-on-one mentoring, attend workshops and training, and participate in social activities.Visit Great Expectations Webpage