All Germanna Community College students receive 300 free minutes of Smarthinking online tutoring per semester.
With Smarthinking, students can:
- Chat now with a LIVE tutor during Drop in Tutoring.
- Have your writing reviewed by a tutor in the Writing Center.
- Meet with a LIVE tutor in the future during a Scheduled Tutoring Session.
- Send a tutor an academic query within Offline Questions.
- Use the Academic Resources for help whenever you need it!
Subjects Covered Include
Accounting | Anatomy/Physiology | Biology | Chemistry | Economics | English | Essay Center | Finance | IT | Math | Math en Español | Physics | Reading | Spanish | Statistics
- How to Use Drop-in Tutoring
- How to Submit an Essay for Review
- How to Schedule an Online Tutoring Appointment
- How to Use the Smarthinking White Board for an Online Tutoring Session
Username: Enter your GCC email address as your username.
For example: email@example.com
Password: The initial password is Germanna.
Once you log in, please click on the My Account link in the menu bar at the top to change your password to a unique one that you will remember.
**Please note**Students have 300 minutes of tutoring time to use each semester. Therefore, you must use your time wisely. Once inside your SMARTHINKING account, please click the “My Account” tab to find out how tutoring time is deducted from your account and to see how much time you have used.
Pop-up Blockers & Cookies
Make sure you disable pop-up blockers and allow cookies on your web browser; Smarthinking requires both of these to work properly.
View full list of what is required to access Smarthinking.
Need Help Using Smarthinking?
Click on the Customer Support & FAQ area of the Smarthinking homepage! You can also contact Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (888)430-7429, extension 1 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST). You may also contact Ann Lyons at Germanna Community College Tutoring Services via email: email@example.com.