Get ahead this spring

Military and Veteran Services Center

Germanna makes every effort to assist active-duty military personnel and veterans in their academic pursuits. Many of our programs of study are approved by the state department of education for the payment of Veterans educational benefits. Application forms and assistance with benefits are available in the Admissions and Records Office at either campus.

Benefit eligibility

Students using their benefits for the first time must complete the application for Education Benefits (VA form 22-1990) and provide an original certified copy of their discharge papers (DD-214).

Students who believe they are eligible for dependents’ educational benefits should complete an Application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (VA form 22-5490). Veterans who have used their benefits at another school must complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (VA form 22-1995). All applications can be completed on line on the GI-Bill website.

Eligibility questions

Department of Veteran Affairs

P.O. Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616


Services offered

Veterans tuition assistance program

In addition to regular monthly benefits, the VA will also pay for tuition assistance for qualified students.

Work-study for veterans and dependents

Eligible students may qualify for the Veterans’ Work-Study Program if they are enrolled at a three-quarter time rate of attendance. For further information, eligible students may contact the Veteran Affairs Education Office.

Veterans on Campus

veterans on campusLearn how to reach out to veteran-students with this training. At the completion, a list of available support services is provided. Create a new account in the sign-in (or sign-in with existing account) Use the enrollment key for students: gcc423 “launch” the training.

Support your buddies

Important information

For more information view the veteran information section in our Catalog and Student Handbook.

Last modified on April 8, 2019