Adult Career Coach Services
Are you looking for career assistance? Are you in need of additional training or perhaps considering a career change? Do you need help understanding the labor market, workforce trends, career assessments, developing a career plan, job searching, resume tips, interview strategies, and selecting credentialed courses that lead to careers? We offer free Career Coaching and Career Development Services to assist you with planning and taking your next steps to a viable career.
Free Services for You
- Adult Career Coaching
- Job Preparation
- Employment Opportunities
- Occupational Search
- Support Services
- Workforces Courses and Career Information
Are you interested in knowing about funding options? Financial Assistance? There are many existing and new Federal and State Grant programs to pay for non credit, credentialed classes that will lead to your next career if you are an eligible participant!
First Choice Scholarship/Presented by Ann Black
Criteria to be considered for the First Choice Scholarship/Ann Black:
- You must be a GED Graduate since 2014
- You must have had a deceased mother by age 15
- You must be a first time applicant to the community college
If you meet the above criteria and you are interested in applying and being considered for this scholarship, you may request a First Choice/Ann Black Scholarship Application by emailing Debbie Huntsinger at email@example.com
Grants that may work for you!
- WIOA: Workforce Innovative and Opportunity Act Grant
- WCG: Workforce Credential Grant (specific GCC Workforce Credential courses applicable)
- FANTIC: Financial Assistance for Noncredit Training in Industrial Credentials (specific GCC Workforce Credential Courses applicable)
For information contact Debbie Huntsinger, GCC Workforce Adult Career Coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 516-2404.
Are you between the ages of 18-24? WIOA has funding for you to pay for Germanna’s training and courses if you are eligible! You must be one of the following and have documentation to verify eligibility:
- Pregnant or parenting
- Documented disability
- Foster Care or aged out
- Court Involvement
- Did not complete high school or GED
- Low income and needing to improve math or reading skills
If you meet at least one of these contact Jennifer Bishop Transition Specialist 540-847-0322 email@example.com
If you have been in foster care and are seeking tuition assistance for workforce courses, Taylor Landrie, GCC Great Expectations Success Coach, may be able to assist with options and grant information. Please email your interests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Career Center Resources
- Workforce Certification Programs
- Virginia Education Wizard
- Career One Stop
- Labor Market Information
- My Next Move
Caroline Center Information
- 2017 Caroline County Center GCC Workforce Classes & Workshops
- Driving Directions to the Caroline County Center
All services funded by JD NEG-US Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration grant.
Debbie Huntsinger, M.A. Education, M.A. Counseling
Workforce Adult Career Coach & FANTIC Grant Administrator
Germanna Community College
Center for Workforce & Community Education
Office: (804) 516-2404
Serving 7 counties & the City of Fredericksburg
Please call or email Debbie to make an appointment. Make this your first step in getting started in your new career!