FastForward – change your future in weeks. Not years.
Every year, tens of thousands of jobs sit empty across Virginia while employers look for qualified candidates. Job applicants with workforce credentials are twice as likely to be hired than applicants with no credentials.
FastForward is a program helping Virginians get the jobs they want and the salaries they need. FastForward programs are short-term training courses offered through Germanna Community College to help you fast-track your career.
Tuition assistance information
FastForward Workforce Credentials Grant (WCG)
You may be eligible for tuition assistance for workforce training.
Tuition assistance is available for individuals who meet the residency requirements for the Commonwealth of Virginia and enroll in and successfully complete one of the following programs:
How FastForward WCG works:
- You pay the first 1/3 of the class tuition when you register.
- The Commonwealth of Virginia pays 1/3 when you complete the class.
- The final 1/3 is paid by the Commonwealth of Virginia when you earn a high-demand industry credential.
Please call (540) 891-3012 or by email at email@example.com for questions.
Financial Assistance for Non-credit Training for Industry Credentials (FANTIC)
You may be eligible for tuition assistance for training in high-demand industry credentials.
You may be eligible if
- You are a US citizen
- You have been a resident of Virginia for the past 12 months
- You are over the age of 18 and compliant with Federal Selective Service
- Your income meets Federal Poverty Levels (see below)
- You are not receiving other forms of federal and state assistance
- You complete a FANTIC application and meet with our FastForward Career Coach
- You complete a FANTIC approved program, pass the credential exam, and provide a copy of the credential to Germanna
How much FANTIC funding may be awarded to an eligible applicant
Up to 90% of the program tuition may be covered by FANTIC.
Income guidelines to determine an applicant’s eligibility for FANTIC
|Family type||Maximum income allowed|
An applicant’s income must not exceed the above maximum income allowed as determined by the 2020 HUD Guidelines for Virginia. (HUD Guidelines are subject to periodic change.)
FastForward WCG/FANTIC approved programs & classes*
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- IT Essentials 1: PC/A+ Cert
- Core Craft Skills- NCCER
- Asphalt Surface Treatment
- Intermediate Work Zone
- Asphalt Field Level 1 & Level 2
- Asphalt Plant Level 1 & 2
- Asphalt Slurry Surfacing
- Backflow Prevention Device Certification
- Carpentry Level 1 & Level 2 – NCCER
- Electrical Level 1 & Level 2 – NCCER
- HVAC Level 1 & Level 2 – NCCER
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Level 1 – NCCER
- Plumbing Level 1 & Level 2 – NCCER
- Gas Metal Arc Welding – AWS
- Flux Core Arc Welding – AWS
- Shield Metal Arc Welding – AWS
- Heavy Equipment Operator – NCCER
- CNC Milling Level 1: Programming & Setup Operations – NIMS
- Machining Level 1: CNC Milling Operations – NIMS
- Machining Level 1: Job Planning, Benchwork & Layout – NIMS
- Machining Level 1: Measurement, Materials & Safety – NIMS
*FastForward WCG/FANTIC Approved programs are subject to change.