This page includes information on how to access and use many technology resources that are available to students.
- Germanna technical resources
Germanna technical resources
myGCC quick guide
myGCC is your window to online services at Germanna Community College.myGCC quick guide
Library equipment guidelines
Learn how to obtain a library card, as well as how to rent books, CDs, DVDs, laptops, and other items from the Germanna Libraries.Library equipment guidelines
Student help desk
Helps with student inquiries about online services and technology.Get help
Student technical help FAQ
Get answers to most of your Germanna related technical questions here.Help desk FAQ’s
Through SIS, students can check grades, register for classes, view unofficial transcript, and access other important information to ensure success at Germanna.Get help with SIS
Brainfuse Online Tutoring
Students receive 300 minutes of online tutoring through Brainfuse each semester.Brainfuse information
Hoonuit offers online, on-demand tutorial videos on over 250 technology applications, including Microsoft, Google, and Adobe. It is available to Germanna students at no additional cost. To access this learning resource, please log in to myGCC.Hoonuit’s website
Distance learning information
- Microsoft Office
The Student Advantage Program
This program gives students access to Office 365 Pro Plus – Microsoft Office 365 on up to five devices. It is a subscription-based cloud service that is free to students.Student Advantage Program information
Navigating a Canvas Course
Profile and user settings
Working in groups
Audio and video
- How do I access Canvas Studio
- How do I record a Canvas Studio video with a webcam in a course
- How do I view Canvas Studio media in a course?
- How do I submit Canvas Studio media as a File Upload assignment as a student?
- How do I record a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I record a video using Flash in the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I upload a video using the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I record audio using the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I record audio using Flash in the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I upload an audio file using the Rich Content Editor as a student?
- How do I view captions in a video as a student?
- How do I add captions to new or uploaded videos in Canvas as a student?
Google Docs and Canvas
Need additional Canvas help?
Online assistance for Canvas is at your fingertips
1. Log into myGCC
2. Click on Canvas
3. Select your course
4. Click on the Help button on the left-hand side of the menu
5. From here, you can submit questions to your instructors, search the Canvas Guides, report a problem, connect with the Canvas Support Hotline (open 24/7), or engage in a live chat with Canvas Support (open 24/7).
- Google Suite
Blackboard and Google
- Turnitin Plagiarism Checker
Workshops to help students learn the technology needed to complete coursework.
Google workshop – the basics
Learn the Basics of the G Suite.